Minimizing Risk while Serving Our Clients
The past month, with the explosive expansion of COVID-19 in our country and throughout the world, we have been thrust into an unprecedented period of change and unrest. In this critical time, our first priority is to ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff members and their families. In that regard, we are making several operational and policy changes that will allow us to continue serving our clients and our community while also doing our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Appointments: For the duration of this crisis, we will be conducting all appointments either via phone or online tools (Skype, Glance, etc.). If you have a previously scheduled appointment and have not yet been contacted, one of our staff members may be in touch with you soon to reschedule.
- Security in our Office: We will continue working in our office as long as possible. However, in order to ensure the safety and health of our staff and clients, at some point it might become necessary for some or all of our staff to begin working from home. We want to assure you that, with our cloud-based systems, we will still focus on providing the services you need in an accurate and timely manner.
- Sending Your Information to Us: Whenever possible, we ask that you send all documents to us by either uploading them to the Virtual Office (VO) on our web site, or sending them to us via fax.
- Sending your information to us through the VO is clearly our safest, most convenient and most secure option. We have set up VO portals for each of our clients and it is a “two-way street” for the secure transfer of information between our office and our clients. If you are not yet a client and would like to send us confidential information, please call us and we can easily set that up too.
- Fax is also a safe and secure method of sending your information to us. Both the VO and Fax save postage and eliminate the need for a trip to the post office (or to our office). But, if those options are not feasible for you, please send them to us through the Post Office.
- If any of you are just unable to get your year-end tax information to us – due to age, health, travel restrictions, quarantines, etc. – please let us know and we will be happy to come and pick it up.
- In any case, however, due to identity protection concerns, we strongly discourage you from sending any confidential information via email to us – or for that matter – to anyone else.
- Sending Our Information to You:
- Several years ago we began moving towards Electronic Distribution of our work products (income tax returns, financial statements, payroll checks and reports, etc.) through the Virtual Office (VO).
- In this current situation, the safety and security of the VO is even more critical.
- We are doing our best to avoid paper copies whenever possible. However, if you absolutely require paper copies of your information, we will print and mail them to you – or you can pick them up at the door to our office.
- As mentioned above, due to security and health concerns, we will not send any documents containing confidential client information (social security or employer ID numbers, birthdates, etc.) via email.
If you have any questions about the impact of these changes—or if you simply need to discuss your tax or accounting situation—don’t hesitate to contact us. And above all, please be safe and stay well!
Office: (540) 777-1314 | Fax: (540) 777-1318 | Email: Information@RBarnesCPA.com